Waggl is looking for an experienced AWS Engineer to join our growing team.How we are different
We know that as a cloud engineer you can work many places. Waggl’s work environment is unique.
How we work
- We care deeply about our work. Both the quality of what we produce and its impact.
- We believe everyone deserves to have their voice heard from a brand new hire to the CEO. This is key to our product and our culture. We check titles at the door.
- We trust you. You can work from home, in the office, or from an RV traveling across the country as long as you stay connected and get your work done. We trust you to take the time off you feel you need to recharge and be your best. No questions asked.
- We improve the work lives of thousands of people around the world.
- We work really smart.
- We are growing like crazy.
We work really hard to balance collaboration, autonomy, efficiency and high quality output. We do this through informal interactions, short daily meetings, and efficient planning meetings. Our team is made up of developers, designers, infrastructure and QA folks. Where you fit in
Our system is robust enough to have interesting technical challenges but not so crazy that you can’t understand the whole thing. We are looking for someone to contribute in the following ways:
- Help build out a brand new, secure, AWS Region for our SaaS product using the latest cloud technologies and methodologies.
- Install, configure and maintain security programs including WAF, IDS, SIEM, AV etc.
- Setup multiple VPCs along with hardened AMIs and all networking between them.
- Use various AWS technologies to implement the new architecture.
- Investigate production systems errors and alerts.
- Contribute to the team's best practices and effectiveness.
- Help teammates and give feedback on their ideas.
- Work on other special technical projects as needed.
Nice to have
- At least 2 years of AWS experience working with their core technologies such as AMI, EC2, ELB and VPC.
- Team player
- Experience with AWS security features such as VPC Peering, Security Groups, IAM XML, Subnetting, IGW
- Ability to write scripts using the AWS CLI.
- Familiarity with cloud security concepts.
Waggl (www.waggl.com) is the most human way for organizations to crowdsource feedback. Waggl lives at the intersection of two organizational realities: companies want to be on the pulse of their employees and employees want to know that their opinions count. Featured in WSJ, Entrepreneur, and Fast Company, Waggl is one of the leading platforms to help organizations become more agile, aligned and hyper-aware, so they can make better decisions and execute more effectively.
Waggl provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Waggl complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume and/or a link to your linkedin profile. It also helps us if you could answer the following questions:What experience do you have with AWS?
Briefly describe your AWS project(s). What AWS technologies did you leverage and why?
Where are you located?
What are your expectations for salary? (If you are comfortable sharing?)
To apply: Please email email@example.com and include your resume and/or a link to your linkedin profile and answer the questions in the ad.