- Responsible for security planning, security architecture design and engineering as part of the OXaaS team
- Planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for security systems
- Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware and software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete security configurations
- Plans and recommends security hardware, systems management software and architecture
- Approves and modifies security architecture to ensure compliance in conjunction with the OXaaS Senior Platform Architect
- Design of Enterprise Firewalls , DDoS and Security Appliance Architecture with OXaaS IaaS Partner(s)
- Evaluates and recommends new security and infrastructure products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies for application to OXaaS Offerings
- Coordinates consolidated Information Technology agency level responses to Agency Security threats and attacks
- Performs security trouble shooting procedures and provides resolution descriptions
- Ensure best practices, standards and guidelines are applied in developing, designing/implementing solutions, establishing work priorities, resolving problems and reporting on project status
- Implement security project plans to ensure adherence to project timelines
- Administration of our SaaS infrastructure a.k.a OXaaS (Open-Xchange, Dovecot, Galera, Postfix, Openldap)
- Handling and maintaining of security relevant analysis
- Analysis of security problems and communication with our customers in cooperation with our support and operation team and being part of our on-call service
- Hands-on within daily security relevant operational activities required in order to stay current with the technology used within OXaaS offering
- Report discovered security vulnerabilities to software maintainers, including OX-developed software.
- Work with Chief Security Architect to recommend security features to add to OX-developed software
Your technical Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or closely related field
- 5+ Years experience in an equivalent Linux Security Engineering role
- You must have an in-depth Linux Administration Background and deep knowledge into the Linux Operating System as well us good understanding of web- and cloud based technologies (ideally OpenStack)
- Advanced knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) security management, configuration principles and protocols
- Advanced knowledge of networks, data center, and end user device security guidelines and industry “best practices”
- Advanced knowledge of IT enterprise security scanning, threat remediation, penetration testing as directly applicable to high scalable Cloud Services (OXaaS)
- Advanced skills in solving complex technical problems involving integrated operating systems and OXaaS Software/Application platforms
- Advanced skills in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees, telecom companies, vendors, and other organizations
- Experience in a large inter-networking or distributed cloud computing environment
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, and ability to work collaboratively and directly with multiple enterprise IT technical teams (Data Center Supplier, Operations, Systems Administration, Service Desk, Cloud Network Engineering Supplier, Applications Development/Maintenance, OX Project Management)
- In depth understanding of TCP/IP Protocols (i.e. LDAP, SMTP, POP, IMAP
- You have scripting skills in one scripting language (ideally Python or Ruby)
- You have understanding of secure and high performance/availability MySQL, Galera database cluster
With some 230 employees Open-Xchange develops a Open-Source-Software addressing communication, collaboration and office-productivity. Sales are made through Internet service providers, hosting, telecommunication and cable providers, which offer their customers the Open-Xchange solution as SaaS (Software as a Service). More than 200 million users adopted Open-Xchange software for their private and business communications via partners such as 1 & 1, STRATO, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com and Rackspace.
The core offer is named OX App Suite with applications for processing e-mails, contacts and appointments, which can be extended by functions like: OX Drive for managing and synchronizing documents, images, photos and movies; OX Documents for text processing, spreadsheets and presentations and OX Guard for encrypting emails and files. Software from Dovecot and PowerDNS are complementing Open-Xchange's portfolio.
We want to constantly advance and are looking for people who have fun working with the latest technologies in an international team. There are locations in Hamburg, Bremen, Dortmund, Cologne, Olpe and Nuremberg as well as Finland, France, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain. International offices are in Tokyo, Sydney and Palo Alto which represents the distributed team in the USA.
If you are interested, please contact Jochen F. Schude for further information - or send us your paperless application with a cover letter including the job ID, tabular CV, certificates, salary request and the earliest possible date of entry by e-mail to email@example.com.