Headquarters: San Francisco
Inside.com is a network of email newsletters. We publish high quality roundups that curate, summarize, and analyze all of the most important news in many different verticals and industries. Some examples are cybersecurity, electric vehicles, virtual and augmented reality, artificial intelligence, drones, and more.
Inside's founder and CEO, Jason Calacanis, is an investor in 150 companies including Uber, Thumbtack, and Wealthfront, and he previously built and sold a media startup to AOL.
Over the past 10 months, we doubled our entire subscriber-base. Then we doubled it again. Then we doubled it a third time. And we’re just getting started. We also track net promoter scores and all of our newsletters score between 66 and 89 – which is right on par with world-renowned products like the iPhone and the Tesla Model S.
We made most of this progress using off-the-shelf tools like Mailchimp, and recently worked a development shop on a CMS that our writers can use to write and manage our newsletters. We're looking for someone to take this to the next level with us. Upcoming projects include:
- New CMS features to help our writers move faster
- An ad server with a self-service front-end for purchasing "classified ads" across our various newsletters
- A CRM that helps us better understand our readers
- Lots more!
Here are some key requirements:
- A product mind. You'll be the main technical person on the team, and need to be able to develop product ideas and direction on your own as well as in collaboration with the team.
- Full-stack experience. Nothing we're doing is deeply technical, but we need a well-rounded generalist who can handle every aspect of building and shipping a responsive web app.
- Communication. This is a remote position and will require the ability to stay in lock-step with the team.
- Curiosity. To excel in this role, you need to be excited about the business we're building and the problems we're tackling.
We'd like to start this out as a contract role, probably about 30-40 hours per week, and can go from there.
Apply for the role here: https://insidedailybrief.typeform.com/to/oWrWYI
To apply: https://insidedailybrief.typeform.com/to/oWrWYI